Crunchy chicken fingers
180g chicken fillet, cut into 4 equal strips
40g cornflakes, crushed
2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon oil
Salt and white pepper to taste
- Put the chicken, yoghurt, salt and white pepper in the large bowl. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and coat in crushed cornflakes. Lightly press down to make sure the chicken is coated on all sides.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken and pan-fry for 4-5 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked.
- Add a little garlic powder, paprika or chilli powder to the crushed cornflakes for extra flavour.
- Make sure you shake off any excess yoghurt before coating the chicken in the cornflakes. This will help the cornflakes stick to the meat.
- If cooking for someone with a dairy intolerance, substitute the yoghurt for two beaten eggs.
- Chicken is an excellent source of protein, providing all the amino acids essential for human health.
- Yoghurt is a good source of probiotics, which can maintain the microflora of the intestines that are necessary for a healthy digestive and immune system. As a dairy product, it also provides a great source of vitamin D and calcium. For a healthier alternative, use plain yogurt labeled “low-fat”.