Wai Keung Lee
Wilson International Frozen Foods (H.K.) Ltd.
Easy mushroom and chicken franks pasta
400g (1 can) mushroom cream soup
150g chicken franks, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 head of broccoli, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons oil
1 teaspoon chicken powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the pasta. Cook according to the instructions on the packet. Add the broccoli to the pasta for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pasta to stop it from sticking. Put to one side.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the wok. Add the chicken franks, tomatoes and onion. Stir-fry for 5 minutes until cooked.
- Add the mushroom cream soup. Using the empty can as a measuring cup, add one can of water into the mixture. Add the chicken powder and pepper and mix well. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens. This will take about 7 minutes.
- Add the pasta and broccoli to the mixture. Serve.
- For a fishy alternative, replace the chicken franks with 185g (1 can) of tuna, or for a vegetarian option, replace the chicken franks with 150g of sweet corn and 100g of chopped green beans.
- Did you know you can eat the broccoli stalks as well as the head? Simply wash, chop and add to the dish for an extra boost of flavour and nutrients!
- Broccoli contains lutein and zeaxanthin, which are great for maintaining healthy eyes and vision.
- To increase the fibre content of the dish, use whole wheat pasta in place of regular pasta.
- Chicken franks can be high in salt. Rinse them before cooking to help reduce the salt content.