Love True Food
10 okra, chopped into thirds
4 spring onions, finely chopped
2.5cm ginger, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 green bird’s eye chilli, deseeded and chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 small bunch coriander, chopped
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan. Add the okra and stir-fry for 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and put to one side.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the onion and cook for 4 minutes, until soft.
- Add the ginger and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the okra, chilli powder, ground coriander and ground turmeric. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh chilli, coriander and spring onions and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and serve.
- If the mixture appears dry, add a little water to loosen it.
- This dish is delicious served with rice or chapati.
- Any leftovers should be stored in a plastic container in the fridge. They will taste great in a sandwich the next day!
- Okra is a rich source of dietary fibre. It helps to prevent and improve constipation, and lower cholesterol.
- This recipe uses a lot of herbs and spices. They not only provide flavour but also a big bang of antioxidants. Antioxidants help protect body cells and promote healthy tissue growth.