Quick and healthy pot noodles
150g chicken fillet, thinly sliced
½ carrot, thinly sliced in rounds
½ small cabbage, shredded
2 mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 nests instant noodles
¼ onion, thinly sliced
1.5 litres hot water
½ teaspoon sesame oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Place the chicken, salt and white pepper in a bowl and put to one side.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in the wok. Add the onion and fry over a medium heat for about 3 minutes, until golden.
- Add the carrot and mushroom and stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cabbage. Pour in the hot water and stir.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the noodles and soup base. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sesame oil and serve.
- As an alternative to noodles, try making this dish with 200g of thin pasta, such as angel hair.
- It is important to cut the ingredients thinly so that they cook quickly. If you prefer chunkier meat and vegetables, add extra cooking time.
- As an alternative to the instant noodle soup base, lightly fry some onions and vegetables to make a tasty broth.
- Chicken is a healthy meat which provides a significant amount of protein. To reduce the fat content by half, trim away the skin before cooking.
- Instant noodle soup base can be high in sodium. Try adding half the package or replace it with other seasonings such as salt, pepper and herbs to minimise excessive sodium intake.