2 tomatoes, chopped
½ yellow pepper, chopped
½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon oil
Pinch of salt
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add the tomato, yellow pepper, chilli and salt. Cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Serve on a burger or with a side of tortilla chips.
- The more the tomato and bell pepper are charred, the more flavour the salsa will have!
- Double up the ingredients to use up the remaining yellow pepper and chilli. Any leftover salsa can be kept in the fridge for up to a week.
- Tomatoes are low in calories, packed with vitamins and minerals, and are an excellent source of disease-fighting antioxidants, such as vitamin C, A and K and potassium.
- The vitamin C and other antioxidants abundant in tomatoes can help combat the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer.