Sui Cheong Yau
Yau Master Ltd
Steamed fish with egg and tofu
350g (1 block) tofu, diced
100g fish fillet
2 spring onions, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1½ teaspoons soy sauce
Pinch of sugar
- Arrange the tofu onto the plate.
- Mix the water, eggs, and 1 teaspoon of soy sauce in the large bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the tofu.
- Put the fish, sugar and remaining soy sauce in a bowl. Mix together.
- Add the fish to the egg and tofu. Steam over a medium heat for 9 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onion and red chilli. Serve.
- Replace the fish with a selection of vegetables for a great vegetarian dish.
- This recipe is particularly good for seniors because of its soft texture.
- Tofu, fish and eggs are good sources of lean protein. Lean protein is lower in saturated fat and calories.
- Adding vegetables, such as corn, peas or mushroom, is an easy way to increase the fibre content of this recipe.